Vegetable Cutlet is a delectable combination of potato, green vegetables and spices. It is very easy and simple to make, crisp outside and soft inside. It is mostly served with tomato ketchup and green chutney. These cutlets can be baked, deep fried or shallow fried.
- 3-4 potatoes boiled and mashed
- 5-6 french beach finely chopped and blanched
- 1/4 cup green peas blanched
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp gram masala
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- Oil for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add cumin seeds,
finely chopped onions and cook till onions turns transparent.
2. Add french beans, green peas and mix well.
3. Now add coriander leaves red chili powder,turmeric powder, gram masala,
salt, saute for 2-3 mins.Switch off the flame.
4. Take boiled and mashed potatoes in a big bowl and add cooked vegetables
5. Mix it well, leave it to cool.
6. Divide the mixture in equal portions.
7. Take a portion of the mixture, give it a desired shape.
8. Repeat the same process for remaining mixture.
9. Mix cornflour and water make a thick paste.
10. Dip each cutlet in the prepared cornflour mixture, roll in the bread crumbs
till they are evenly coated.
11. Heat some oil in a pan, shallow fry cutlets till both sides are evenly golden.
12. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.